Portfolio Manager, Asia
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure that relevant outcomes of both Business and Property Strategies are appropriately embedded into the Performance & Financial Management framework of the Partnership agreements across Region and Countries in Asia.
- Oversee the development of country and regional real estate strategies by the Supply Partner to ensure right process to drive for right outcome that aligns with internal client customer themes.
- Develop and Maintain key relationships with Asset Management partner functions, to develop and enable seamless execution of property plans for our customers, incl. but not limited to Risk, Compliance, Resilience, Treasury, Legal, OR and SCM.
Processes & Governance
- Support the Head of Asset Management, Asia in managing governance related approvals, dispensations on behalf of SCB
- Review and Challenge of Property projects submitted for RPF (Regional Property Forum) endorsement
- Continuously review and improve ways of working around Asset Management Process and Governance adherence
Partnership & Delivery
- Review and Manage the Asia budget of the Supply Partner dedicated resources and variable Fees.
- Alignment and Point of Contact with Property’s Supply Partner Management team, to improve cost and Performance Transparency
- Manage and improve Supply Partners Performance by defining and actively monitoring key performance indicators.
- Build & leverage core relationships with the Supply Partner’s key roles, such as (but not limited to) Account Lead, ‘COO’ and Governance Head
- Provide guidance to structure the Partners Quarterly Business Reviews to reflect all performance measurement matrix and raise issues in the system that may not be readily addressed by scorecards
- Create a working culture which makes SCB an account of choice for our Partners, attracting the best market talents and reduce attrition.
- Co-create creativity and proactivity with the Supply Partner to continuously optimise and add value to bank owned and leased portfolio to drive efficiency, sustainability and customer experience.